Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Watercolor Pouring Technique

In Italy I thought that I would do watercolors because it is faster drying than what I am used to (oil paint). I quickly learned that it was not as easy as it looks. Now I've decided that I am going to take a watercolor class before I graduate. Watercolor is a beautiful medium and I want to learn how to do it well.

Tonight I went to a watercolor pouring technique seminar through the South Oakland Art Association. Linda Allen did the demonstration and she learned it from a master: Roland Roycraft. It is a beautiful way to use watercolor! I am excited to try out this technique for myself.



Here are some examples from Roycraft:

'Iris'

roycraft
'Dance of the Wood Nymph'


P.S. The POTTERS MARKET is December 3,4,&5th Go here: thepottersmarket.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment