Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Re:View Contemporary



Saturday night, all my new roommates and I went to the Re:View Contemporary Gallery that is just across the street from where we now live. Free admission, free wine, and a special event drew us in...
I had met the owner of the gallery a couple nights before and became interested in doing my own art show. (something I've never done before)
The special event was very well thought out and original: The artist had many watercolor pieces attached to a chain that was wrapped all around her body, with nothing underneath. Each print was displayed on the wall with it's value. Values ranged from $80-$1,000. People were able to buy pieces and as they did they would come off of her body and would expose her skin. The more expensive pieces were located in areas that most people would want covered from the spectators. I love the refreshing idea that she had, but I wonder if anyone else might think that its almost like striptease?

No comments:

Post a Comment